Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Guard Codex

The new codex has been out a little while now and I have to say I quite like it. It's great to see the old characters of the past such as Nork, Straken and Marbo back. Not only that they've packed it with firepower making it a treadheads dream come true. After all the guard are supposed to have the biggest and most guns in the game. Foer a while they were out gunned by the likes of the Tau or the Space Marines but this has now been sorted.

Gone are the doctrines but these never really worked that well in my opinion. Replacing them are the orders system which is a lot more in keeping with the command structure and theme of the guard. If only I can remember to issue them!

I like the gunships and these are pretty deadly especially on lower armoured troops (take that orks!).

I'm even looking at rearmouring some of my Russes with Forgeworld turret options they once had. I'm sure Forgeworld will do pretty well from this codex. The general consensus from most guard players seems to be it's the best one yet that we've had!

No comments: