Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where Did May Go?

Wow that whizzed by!

Gaming was pretty busy. The guard codex came out and I spent most of the month carrying out repairs and upgrades on my loyal Cadians.

Being extra keen to try them out I gave them a go against Frank's Ultramarines and sorted out a rushed list on the night against his battle hardened tournie army needless to say I was dealt to but not detered. My Primaris Psyker earned a paint job, I like this guy!

The club's planning a Fantasy Tournament in October so I bought a couple of Marauder Horsemen box sets to bolster the core choices. I keep thinking that the rider legs and horses could be a nice start for some Rough Riders and that's a conversion for the future.

I made up my Vultures and Vendetta. They looked like they could do with some noseart so the Vendetta got the typical shark's mouth from some 1/ 48 scale Phantom Wild Weasel transfers. This kind of lends itself ironically to the wild weasel aircraft. The Valks got a scantily clad woman each and I'll paint names on them like WW2 aircraft.

I played two more games with my guard. Firstly against Charlie's Templars and beat them comfortably. Then on to Hamish's new Orks which was a close fought battle but the guard leaders escaped the greenskin assassination plot making it a win to the Guard. My new Collossus had it's first run against the green tide and did pretty well before being taken out. It's actually a FW Bombard but the same weapon and I'll downscale the Russ armour to a Chimera.

No comments: